Join us as an Emerging or Artist Member!
The Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild is a unique community of artists from the tri-state area, formed to share knowledge and techniques, inspiration and fellowship, and to exhibit and sell our art works. We invite artists to apply for membership through our jurying process. Please read the Benefits & Responsibilities of Membership and the Guidelines for Jurying before applying.
Download MAG New Member application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Click to complete online MAG New Member application
Benefits and Responsibilities of Membership
Exhibiting & Selling Artwork
– You are eligible to apply for a solo show and spotlight shows.
– You may enter work in group and theme shows, at least 4-6 per year, including an Awards Show.
– You may leave work on consignment in the Gallery when MAG will reopen its new physical location.
– You may submit work to our online web gallery.
– Members may have a current bio on MAG website.
– All work exhibited online and left on consignment in the Gallery must be for sale. Members set the sale price for each piece. When work is sold, the member receives 60% and the Guild receives 40% of the selling price.Select shows have a higher percentage commission to artists.
Opportunities to Participate and Serve
– Members are welcome to attend all events at MAG including programs, workshops, figure drawing sessions, art demos, receptions, etc.
– You may volunteer to run a workshop or program, demonstrating your techniques or skills.
– You can become part of an artistic community, meeting other artists in all media.
– You may volunteer on the committees of your choice, helping the Guild and learning new skills. 10 hours of volunteer time is expected of each member, unless a volunteer exemption fee is paid, or an artist’s circumstances prohibit volunteering.
– You can be Featured Artist in our monthly email newsletter, which is sent to both members and customers.
– Members are encouraged to stand for election to the Board of Directors, or to head a volunteer committee.
Artist Membership Fees
Jurying Fee: $35
One-time Initiation Fee: $50
First Year Annual dues: $250.00
Regular Annual dues: $285.00
Emerging Artist Membership Fees
(for artists 25 years and younger)
Annual membership dues: $50
Guidelines For Jurying Of Artwork
- Download & complete the Application Form.
- The non-refundable application fee is $35 ($10 for current members applying in a new medium, or $0 for those applying as Emerging Members).
- To apply via our Jury In Today option, you may email the images of your artwork with your application form to email@example.com , and pay application fee here by selecting the appropriate option:
Within a week, we will jury your art and contact you with a decision regarding your membership.
- Our onsite Spring or Fall jurying sessions are postponed for now. We will promptly announce when they will restart. However, you can apply via Jury In Today program following the instructions on this page.
- You may submit artwork in a maximum of 2 media categories (eg. oil & watermedia).
- Photographers should submit a total of 6 photographs. 5 should be matted and wrapped in plastic sleeves, and 1 should be matted, framed and ready to hang. All matted work must be in white or off white mats.
- Sculptures must be presented on appropriate bases.
- Jewelers are required to submit a short description of their method and materials.
- All other applicants should submit 3 original works, executed within the last 3 years, for each media category in which you are applying. If you are submitting in 2 media (eg oil and watermedia) you need to bring 3 original oils and 3 original watermedia pieces. All 2-dimensional wall-hung works should be professionally presented and wired for hanging. Oils or acrylics that are unframed must be painted around the edges with no staples showing. Current MAG members only, may apply in the Limited Edition Giclée category, by submitting 3 limited edition giclées, signed and numbered by the artist, wired and ready to hang, along with a statement from your printer (or a statement signed by yourself if you are the printer) indicating that your materials and inks are archival.
- Please note that we are looking for a consistent style among the pieces you submit, not for diversity. Other criteria the jurors use when judging work are:
a. Overall creativity, artistic impression and originality of vision,
b. Excellence of Technique: mastery of methods and materials,
c. Good composition,
d. Professional presentation of work: frames, mats etc.
Notification You will be notified by letter within one week of jurying. Please do not call the Mamaroneck Artists Guild in reference to the status of your membership application.
Questions If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them. Please contact the Mamaroneck Artists Guild Gallery at 914 834-1117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.