Join us as an Emerging or Artist Member!
The Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild is a unique community of nearly 200 artists from the tri-state area, formed to share knowledge and techniques, inspiration and fellowship, and to exhibit and sell our art works. We invite artists to apply for membership through our jurying process in the Spring and Fall of each year. Please read the Benefits & Responsibilities of Membership, and the Guidelines for Jurying, then complete the Membership Application below.
The next opportunity to join us as a member will be April 9 2018. Guidelines and an Application Form can be found below.
Benefits and Responsibilities of Membership
Exhibiting & Selling Artwork
You are eligible to apply for a solo show and spotlight shows.
You may enter work in group and theme shows, at least 3 – 4 per year, including an Awards Show.
You may leave work on consignment in the Gallery.
You may submit work to our online web gallery.
You may enter work for our December Holiday Show.
Members may have a current bio and CD’s of work in the Gallery presentation books.
All work exhibited and left on consignment in the Gallery must be for sale. Members set the sale price for each piece. When work is sold, the member receives 60% and the Guild receives 40% of the selling price.
Opportunities to Participate and Serve
Members are welcome to attend all events at MAG including programs, workshops, figure drawing sessions, art demos, receptions, etc.
You may volunteer to run a workshop or program, demonstrating your techniques or skills.
You can become part of an artistic community, meeting other artists in all media.
You may volunteer on the committees of your choice, helping the Guild and learning new skills. 10 hours of volunteer time is expected of each member, unless a volunteer exemption fee is paid, or an artist’s circumstances prohibit volunteering.
You can be Featured Artist in our monthly email newsletter, which is sent to both members and customers.
Members are encouraged to stand for election to the Board of Directors, or to head a volunteer committee.
Artist Membership Fees
Jurying Fee: $35
One-time Initiation Fee: $50
Annual Dues: $285
Annual Dues for artists living more than 50 miles away: $142
Emerging Artist Membership Fees (for artists 25 years and younger)
Initiation & Jurying Fee: free
Annual Dues: $50
Guidelines For Jurying Of Artwork
- Download & complete the Application Form. We prefer that you mail this in advance, to Mamaroneck Artists Guild, 126 Larchmont Avenue, Larchmont, NY 10538, along with your non-refundable application fee of $35 ($10 for current members applying in a new medium). Please make your check or money order payable to Mamaroneck Artists Guild. Alternatively, you can complete the paperwork when you drop off your art.
- You may submit in a maximum of 2 media categories (eg. oil & watermedia).
- Photographers should submit a total of 6 photographs. 5 should be matted and wrapped in plastic sleeves, and 1 should be matted, framed and ready to hang. All matted work must be in white or off white mats.
- Sculptures must be presented on appropriate bases.
- Jewelers are required to submit a short description of their method and materials.
- All other applicants should submit 3 original works, executed within the last 3 years, for each media category in which you are applying. If you are submitting in 2 media (eg oil and watermedia) you need to bring 3 original oils and 3 original watermedia pieces. All 2-dimensional wall-hung works should be professionally presented and wired for hanging. Oils or acrylics that are unframed must be painted around the edges with no staples showing. Current MAG members only, may apply in the Limited Edition Giclée category, by submitting 3 limited edition giclées, signed and numbered by the artist, wired and ready to hang, along with a statement from your printer (or a statement signed by yourself if you are the printer) indicating that your materials and inks are archival.
- Please note that we are looking for a consistent style among the pieces you submit, not for diversity. Other criteria the jurors use when judging work are:
a. Overall creativity, artistic impression and originality of vision,
b. Excellence of Technique: mastery of methods and materials,
c. Good composition,
d. Professional presentation of work: frames, mats etc.
Jurying takes place in the evening and you must collect your art the following day (see date and times above). We charge $5 per day for work left at the gallery beyond the pickup date.
Notification You will be notified by letter or email within two weeks of jurying. Please do not call the Mamaroneck Artists Guild in reference to the status of your membership application.
Questions? If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them. Please contact the Mamaroneck Artists Guild Gallery at 914 834-1117 during regular hours 12:00 to 5:00pm Tuesday through Saturday.